Sunday, March 27, 2011

Entrenched

Lands' End, now $79.99
Norma Kamali Trench and boots  Walmart.com $47
Gap trench coat $88.98-$98, petite and tall avail.


                                                                                                                            
Boden Rainyday Duffle, $148  

Trench coats really are everywhere right now.  From Burberry to Walmart, there is a wide range of this classic style.  I have a London Fog, but have decided that it's too dated and dowdy to wear another season (I get a sinking feeling when I put it on).  The Boden coat shown is a duffle, so not actually a trench, but I love it's classic style anyway and it's wallpaperish pattern.  I'm not a big celebrity watcher, but Kate Middleton looked great in a trench coat when I saw her on tv when I was at the Y in the gym.  So, trench or duffel?  Most trench coats come in classic colors: black, khaki, maybe olive drab.  A few places, like Lands' End and Walmart, have branched out to making fuchsia, bright green, and red.  Lined coats offer more warmth for cooler days.   Which one is your favorite?

No comments: