Monday, December 29, 2008

Out of hibernation
























Cold, short winter days always make me long for reading by the fire, piling on the sweaters and early bedtimes for everyone. Sometimes I forget what a joy it is to get out! We went for a hike today, late in the day, after errands were run, photos were posted (I am starting a 2nd shop on a site called 1000 Markets) and rooms were vacuumed. My temptation was to cancel it, as by the time we were ready to go, the sun was getting lower in the sky. What a mistake that would have been. The cool, watery orange light was beginning to wane, but we were at the park (Beaver Island) for sunset, a walk in the woods, discovering an abandoned lean-to, and running up and down the sledding hill. The dog went for an icy swim and everyone got good and muddy. I do cherish even these simple days with my family.

1 comment:

Meaghan said...

What a gorgeous blog! And beautiful sentiments expressed, my artistic friend. Another 2009 resolution: to continue to visit your lovely little corner of the blogosphere!