Thursday, November 20, 2008

The at-home science museum



My kids really wanted to go to the Museum of Science one day, but it was closed. How to make the best of it? "We could make our own science museum, at home," my son suggested. I hesitated. This was coming just after the suggestion about creating an indoor playground complete with see-saws. I decided to pass the buck. "Well, yeah, if you guys want to, you can make one. I've got some work I need to get done." I thought this would sort of cancel out the idea and they would go for a simpler plan, which turned out to be untrue. They decided on several exhibitions: Ancient Egyptians (see "mummy cat" photo), New York Fossils, animals and The Future.

1 comment:

DanielleK said...

I love the at home science Museum!I remember making a a cardboard box tv and making our own TV shows-probably mostly commercials- we were less sophisticated...